I haven't published a "Don't Miss This" List for a while...can you tell I'm a little behind on reading my feeds? (maybe too much Twittering??) In catching up on some of my favorite blogs, I found several I wanted to share:
- A clever comparison from Janes-List shows us 5 ways public speaking is like dieting.
- Over at DeFinis Communications, Angela highlights eye contact as a key way to connect with your audience and gives us 5 great tips for talking with your eyes.
- Loraine Antrim at The CXO Mindset encourages us to recognize the strategic value of story telling in a presentation and outlines how to plan a presentation based on story.
- I passionately believe that practice is a key element in creating a great speaker. So I'm delighted to see The Eloquent Woman's 9 not-to-miss reasons for video practice.
- Sims Wyeth at High Stakes Presentations says "...there are all kinds of voices that work for the audience as long as they feel real and communicate enough emotional energy to engage the interest." Wyeth then examines a variety of vocal stumbling blocks that get in the way of that audience engagement.
PREVIOUS "DON'T MISS THIS" LISTS: